Disclaimer :

The entire content in this blog is not fully written/authored by me. Most of them are referred from another source which may be in from anyone of the place like Facebook post, other Blog(s), Wiki, Whats-app/email forwards, you tube etc. I have tried my best to mention the respected source links (FB, Blog, wiki, you tube links etc) and also a courtesy tag too. Some of the very old posts may be missing them as they were all published when i started blogging and frankly speaking I wasn't fully aware of the credit methods, copyrights etc. Also my opinion on lot of this published posts eg (god, religion, political views) would have drastically changed now as I believe I have evolved at-least a little over the period of time with my experience and learning.

When I get time I will try to fully review the content. I'm trying this since 2 years (2015) and couldn't even succeed till now. Hope I will in the days to come.

About Me

My photo
My heart will never be free, To push aside the longings I still feel, My eyes will never forget, The fields of patchwork green Soft rain so real, In my dreams I keep searching For those paths I never find........... There're many suspenses,sorrows,surprises stored for the next minute in this world. Meeting you is also one such surprise i hope. I'm embarking on a journey with a hope on this surprise springing world. I believe that there are many pleasant surprises in store for your future.......!! ALSO I VERY MUCH LIKE, LOVE THESE LINES OF ROBERT FROST...WONDERFULL LINES....... "The woods are lovely, dark, and deep.., But I have promises to keep.., And miles to go before I sleep.., And miles to go before I sleep... !!"

Followers

Visitors

Free counters!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Farewell : Some Last day mails which stayed in me

1) Retirement & Thanks (03/12/2009 15:48)

hi all,
I joined IBM as a Computer Science student 36 years ago, and never thought I'd still be here all these years later. It's amazing to think there was no Microsoft, and we worked without PCs, laptops, email, spreadsheets, mobiles, even screens for mainframe access hadn't arrived in IBM departments. But, we did have 'punch girls' who translated our PL/1 programs that we wrote on coding sheets into punch cards which were then taken away by a courier, and returned the next day to tell you that your program failed on line 1 with a missing comma! It meant that you had to do a dozen jobs at once as each took so long.
One memorable moment during my student year was a program which produced output in the form of punched cards. It looped, and when I arrived in the office the next morning, early, there was a trolley parked by my desk, piled high with the punched cards that it had output. I went around the building putting them in every bin I could find, so that my department never found out!

I plan to keep busy in retirement and have lots of hobbies and activities, and may even get a part-time job after a while.
Retirees who are at DE level or above may request to continue working for IBM in retirement without pay, what a shame I can't do that :-)

To those of you who may be following me in this early-retirement window over the next few months, good luck in the future.

To celebrate my final day in the office, there are lots of cakes on Craig's desk, next to mine. Please pop round and day 'goodbye'.

----------------------------------

2) My darkest evening..! (23/07/2010 20:55)

Dear ones,

To all those who know me, today is my Last day in ---. --- is more of my family. I have seen life in everyway here.
You taught me how to walk when I was just toddling. Now that I ve learnt to walk but wishing to walk away. I am bit guilty,. but what to do Change is a necessary phenomenon , change is inevitable, change is permanent., I still feel there is no halm in wanting to grow.

Being the first project in my career, I really enjoyed my tenure here learning & sharing all that I can from you. The cherishing memories I take from here can never fade away. They are my treasure of a great beginning. Still long way to go...

I have no more words to express, My heart is already heavy n wants to stay when my mind has already made up to leave, I am afraid of looking back, so I wish to thank and depart as soon as I can, strongly believing in a tomorrow filled with pure happiness knowing that this direction on the path is the one and only way I expected ..a tomorrow that will complete and fulfill my yesterday's wants and dreams.

Like a beloved Companion, you were really wonderful & co-operative. Thanks for being so Good & supportive. I will miss you very dearly..!
No doubt, today will be my darkest evening.

To all, my eternal thanks.

Special thanks to the great pillars that always surrounded & supported me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback's/comments are welcome. Will be posted after moderation.